Popcorn again and oleanders planted along the expressway
This morning I got up about 6:00 and got myself ready to go to a volunteer planting that the organization I work for was conducting. I am an administrative assistant for a local non profit organization whose mission is to plant, promote and preserve trees. We planted 400 oleanders along the expressway ramp going up to the bridge in front of a local college. Our mission is that we plant trees but in our most recent plantings we have been doing more landscaping projects. Actually the planting went very well we had a great board member chairing the project and everything went according to schedule. My daughter also participated in this event. After the planting I came home and unloaded my car with the shit the volunteers didn't drink or eat i.e . orange juice and donuts.
Later in the day, my wonderful husband, who I love dearly, and I decided to do some Christmas shopping online. We went to Amazon.com and after deciding on 7 items to purchase we had to keep reloading our purchases over and over and over again. The items would show up in the shopping cart then one or two would be dropped by the time we went to check out. The web site was totally fucked up. It took way too long but some how we managed to get through it. Even after the whole fucked up mess it was still better than going to the mall. Then it was dinner time.
Well I consider myself a pretty good gourmet cook. But with the planting this morning and then all the frustrations of Christmas shopping I could not get into the mood to cook. So we scrounged in the kitchen for dinner. We usually don't do this sort of thing. We started out with a frozen California BBQue Pizza that we put in the oven and then I decided that I really didn't want pizza so my wonderful husband ate the pizza and I cooked a bubba burger that I had in freezer and ate that with some low carb ketchup and some "ho made barbecue sauce" that I had bought at the local grocery. After dinner we decided to watch the Bourne Identity again. We had seen this at the movies but decided to watch it in rerun form via the DVD. And we would have popcorn. I know that I spoke of us having popcorn last week when we went to the movies but I wanted to have it again so I made it as a 2nd course for our dinner tonight. bon appetit. I think that I need to publish this great recipe I have for homemade popcorn. No microwave, no special anything (especially if you have a gas range). Take a pan put in 3 tablespoons of oil (you definitely have to use extra virgin olive oil - that's the secret ingredient) then turn the burner on high and put in one half cup of popcorn kerners and put the lid on ajar and let it go until you don't hear any more popping, throw it in a bowl put some melted butter (real butter) and salt on it (in that order) serve it.
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home