Foodie Food, Knitting with Natalie
Today was a big focus on food. I did the weekly grocery shopping, baked two loaves of bread, one just plan white and the other a cinnamon bread, made a double batch of eggnog (spiked with brandy), cooked french toast for breakfast, made an olive, pecan, cream cheese spread on toasted homemade cinnamon bread for lunch and made a delicious dinner of butternut squash with toasted hazelnuts lasagne (another recipe from The Gourmet Cookbook).
Our friend Natalie came over around 3:00 today and did some knitting with my daughter. I knitted just briefly. I was too busy in the kitchen. Natalie is a great person, she is twenty two and shares the same birthday with me. She's a beautiful sexy women. In the movie, The Last Waltz, Levon Helm refers to New York City as "an adult dose." My husband and I think of Natalie as "an adult dose" but in a good kind of way.
After dinner we watched Bob Dylan's interview with Ed Bradley on 60 minutes. What a cool person (Bob Dylan that is; actually so is Ed). I'll be listening to my Bob Dylan CD's tomorrow.
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home