Monday, May 02, 2005

Big Fat Greek Salad


One of my special dinners I make is Greek salad. I typically make it in the warmer/hot months. So with the days getting warmer, I decided I would make Greek Salad last night (it won't be long before I will start bitching about the weather in the south). Since I make it on a large platter and by the time I get everything on the platter it is quite large; enough for six. There were 4 for dinner last night; my husband, my son, my husband's mother and I. We had a nice dinner that consisted of the salad, garlic/potato bread and wine (lots). My daughter was away having dinner with her new boyfriend. I started making this version of the Greek salad about 18 years ago when our family went on a vacation at a resort near a small town called Tarpon Springs, FL. We ate at the famous Louis Pappas Restaurant. I bought the little cookbook that had the recipe for the salad and have been making it or a variation of the original recipe since.

Here is the original recipe. If you like Greek salad you might like to make this recipe.



r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com