Trip to E.R., Trip Downtown
Nothing too serious. Last night after a long day of eye watering, burning, and pain I decided to treat myself to a visit at the nearby hospital emergency room. The problem started early in the day with mainly eye watering and then by lunch the condition progressed to burning with some pain and then when I drove home from work the sunlight really made everything worse. I had to drive with one hand over my eye. When my husband came home and looked at my eye we decided I should have someone look at it. Well, I am sure everyone knows how exciting the E.R. is so I won't go into any of that. I was diagnosed with a scratched cornea, given a pain pill (yea!) and an antibiotic ointment. The E.R. doctor said for me to have a follow up today. So this morning I went to my regular eye doctor and he diagnosed me with a viral infection. Now I am on a different antibiotic combined with a steroid. I had to work today but I could only give it 50% since my one eye was blurry and hurt like hell all day.
It's always something.
After work and after much deliberation we decided to go out for dinner. I had the blurry eye and didn't much want to make dinner. We went to the Burrito Gallery a relatively new restaurant downtown. You must understand that downtown Jacksonville is not a happening place except for maybe during the Superbowl. So we go to the Burrito Gallery co-owned by a good friend of my son. While we where sitting out back of the restaurant I told my husband and daughter I felt so Urban; downtown, concrete floors, cinderblock walls little or no green space. I guess I just felt like I was someplace other than Jacksonville. Maybe a little touch of New York, a very little touch. We had a nice time; we ordered drinks - wine for me (2 glasses), Guinness for my husband and my daughter had a beer but I don't remember what kind. We ordered various tacos (which let me say were excellent). While we were eating our dinner there was a group sitting near us; a couple of families dining together four adults and 4 kids. There were two kids that sit at a separate table from the adults and smaller children. So when the co-owner Marco came out he asked the children that were sitting at the table alone not to write on the table with crayons. So my daughter asked how do you get crayon off of tables and my husband replied you rub kids foreheads over it. We all thought that was quite funny and then told Marco about it. He laughed. Anyway if you ever come to Jacksonville and want to be in an urban atmosphere go the Burrito Gallery. We had a very nice time. Special thanks to our waiter/bartender Jackson. We were invited to stay on for the special spin night with dr. somebody; but, we declined.
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home