Vacation Detour
Since May 5 I have been vacationing with my husband and daughter. We have traveled to Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and California. I will be posting more about our travels when I return home. I will say, this vacation has been great except for one minor detail that occurred yesterday.
After arriving in Palo Alto last Friday we spent the weekend in cabins at a private camp ground in Big Sur with family. When I awoke yesterday I had abdominal pain and with continued pain after resting a bit when we returned to Palo Alto I decided I might need medical attention. My husband drove me to a nearby Urgent Care Center around 5:00p.m. After being examined by the doctor, she advised us to go Stanford Medical Center Emergency Room for a CT Scan of my abdomen. The doctor wanted to rule out intestinal infection or appendicitis. Of course that meant going through the whole process of checking-in, waiting, etc. The emergency room at this medical facility was the busiest ER I have ever had the pleasure of visiting; many people in a small crowded room waiting with cuts, broken bones, aches and pains. The check-in process seemed to be a very convoluted and that created some confusion among the sickies. Things weren't any better when I was placed in the examining room. This area was also very crowded and the medical staff was extremely busy. All the exam rooms were curtained off but with such close proximity you knew why most people near you were there. The guy in the room next to me had some kind of kidney/urinary problem and we overhead him tell the doctor that his "balls hurt". After a long evening of being hooked up to monitors, IV, having blood and urine test and a CT Scan and I almost forgot a pelvic, I was diagnosed with UTI; WTF, it's always something.
r.m.


1 Comments:
Sorry to hear about your UTI. That's a bummer.
However, I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Post a Comment
<< Home