Sunday, February 12, 2006

Coq au Vin

From this ↓

















To this ↓.




Keeping with the Saturday French theme and after spending 3 and a half hours cleaning my stove which is a gas six burner plus grill and had not been cleaned in way too long, I decided to mess it up and cook one of my favorite French dishes, Coq au Vin. The recipe is from the cookbook From Julia Child's Kitchen (1975) and it is one of the recipes that made it in the cookbook I put together for my daughter.

Dinner was pretty damn good. Along with the Coq au Vin I roasted French fingerling potatoes and sautéed fresh kale with olive oil and garlic and finished off with golden raisins and pine nuts. And of course, Mr. Red Molly and I enjoyed a bottle of Bordeaux. At the end of our meal we had the pleasure of our daughter's company which she made a plate and joined us as we were finishing up the wine. Great timing errnnn.


L'espoir chacun a un week-end agréable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

WOW!!

February 12, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

THANKS!!

February 12, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thank you sir, I hope you do get that appetite back and it stays with you for awhile.

February 15, 2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com