Saturday, July 01, 2006

Slacker

Three post in three weeks I guess that might just qualify me for the slacker blogger award. I don't have any great excuses for not blogging on a more regular basis except for you know blah, blah, blah. The job is improving (I'm still busy, busy, busy but the environment is much better). My daughter has a new boyfriend, he is a musician, and we like him a lot but haven't seen much of him since they started "going out". She is probably afraid her crazy mom might scare him away. My son and his delightful girlfriend are counting the days until they move away to bigger adventures in NYC. They have a tentative scheduled date to rent a U-haul on July 24 and are planning their drive away on July 25.

I just finished reading a beautifully written manuscript by my blogging friend and hope that you will get to read the published version soon.

I have a four day weekend starting today; since I don't usually work on Monday and Tuesday is a holiday that gives me SSMT off. Yahoo!!! Except I do have to do a little work from home at sometime. We have our FY close-out June 30 and I have boocoos of reports to have ready by next week. Ok, so I almost have a four day weekend. It is going to be nice to have a lot of time off and be at home except for all the things around the house that need to be done. I will definitely pace myself on the chores and try to have a nice relaxing weekend. However, I think Mr. Red Molly is going to pick up some St. Augustine plugs (that's grass for the lawn) and do some plug planting in some of our lawn's bare spots this weekend. I may have to pour a Guinness and supervise that project.

That's about it on my update. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day. Thanks again for dropping by the Blue Page Special even though I have been the slacker blogger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com