All American Carrot Dog
We have a favorite food around our house and it is called the carrot dog. Yep that's right a carrot in a bun with some condiments. That is what I made for our 4th of July dinner. It was Mr. Red Molly, his mother and myself having a little celebration. Both my kids are out of town. My son as you know is living off in the land of excitement and my daughter is off to Palo Alto with her boyfriend to spend a week with her aunt, uncle and cousins. For dinner I made carrot dogs, red cabbage slaw, potato salad and baked beans and for dessert I made red, white and blueberry trifle. See photo below.
I ran across this piece of artwork that my son did for a school project when he was 6 it is so perfect for the holiday. I want to make an additional comment relating to his comment and that is that I am lucky to be an American because of my good kids. And one other thing is that my son is to the left with the blue eyes and that is me in the middle with the earrings and lipstick (I am always wearing lipstick and earrings even if I am not wearing anything else) and that is Mr. Red Molly on the right.



5 Comments:
whut a grate idee that is! btw, on mundy of this week we ran into a sartin yungun, who he wuz ridin his bisickly n had his shades on so we dint reckon-eyes him till he tuck em off. turnts out to be yer verr own son. we chatted fer a bit. hes lookin grate n seems to be takin add vantage of the sites up in here.
He did tell me about running in to the wandering hillbilly and the misses and I said that was really cool. He goes all over the place on his bicycle. Thanks for the visit to the BPS.
I have been trying to come up with something clever to say about carrot dogs...I think I have it!
I don't think they would work well as wiener wangs, shut up dawg!
You are right Jed. I think they just might be a little too refined for the wiener wangs crowd. Thanks for your visit.
Never in my life have I eaten a carrot dog!
Post a Comment
<< Home