Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Lost in Live Oak looking for Turkey Boilers

I’ll explain the Turkey Boiler thing another day. On Saturday my husband, my daughter and I along with my relatives from Arkansas, my niece and her husband and their five kids (ages 7 and under, set out for a drive to my sisters house who lives in Live Oak. You get off the expressway and then have to travel several country back roads to get to her home. Anyway at some point about 2 miles from her house we sort of got lost. With three intelligent adults in the car, three cell phones and a GPS it took us 30 minutes to get ourselves to my sister's house. First of all, my cell phone did not have a charge, my daughter's cell phone was not receiving a signal and my husband's cell phone was up and running but did not have the phone numbers we needed; and for the GPS we had deleted the local maps when we traveled to Ireland since the GPS can only hold so much data (we need a new GPS). Luckily my niece had the phone numbers so I called and talked with my nephew and he said he would meet us at a nearby church; however we were unable to find the church, so we called back and talked with my sister and she had to come rescue us. The whole adventure was ludicrous. We finally arrived to a house with about 15 adults and too many kids to count. The kids where all running around; it was definitely a wild place. The food that my family serves is very different than what I am accustomed to. I guess I am the food snob of the family. There were lots of foods that wiggled, foods with marshmallows and casseroles with Velveeta cheese. Sort of southern funeral food. My sister worked hard to make this meal for us so we could all be together and I am thankful for that and appreciate it as well. What can I say I am a food snob. I apologize in advance to any of my family that may read this; I really don't mean to be critical in a bad way. I did enjoy being with everyone.

By the way, the weather is great today the high is going to be around 50 and the low tonight is in the twenties. Yippee!!
r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com