Wild Women and Fuckery
Our friends P & C came to our home last night looking for a safe haven away from their husbands and kids. Actually they were looking for a place to party which we were able to provide. My husband was on the computer going through our Ireland photos; editing, cropping, enhancing etc. preparing them for the on-line printing service and I was just relaxing watching garbage on television when P & C came knocking on the door. They were somewhat intoxicated and extremely stoned. We opened a couple of bottles of wine; red for C and white for P. I was recovering from too much wine and food from Christmas night along with general fatigue from cooking all day on Christmas; however, we cranked up the stereo and had a good time for an hour or so. Right after P & C arrived P started singing "One Toke Over the Line" so my husband put on Brewer and Shipley and we listened to that song along with the rest of the CD, followed by Johnny Winter doing "Highway 61" and Richie Haven's doing "Just Like A Woman" and then we put on the Woodstock DVD.
In between phone calls from P's husband and P going off on the terrorists living in our country and the Iraq war we had a damn good time. P was trying to communicate to us that there are evil doers in our country and for a lack of a better word attributed the problems to nothing but a "Fuckery" going on between our two political parties. I agree with P but the only difference is I believe there is more "Fuckery" going on with the current administration and unlike P & C, I voted against Bush and believe the Iraq war was also a "Fuckery". According to a recent article in the Washington Post "a solid majority are saying for the first time that the war was a mistake".
Back to the wine and music. While watching the Woodstock DVD we got another call from P's husband and C said to tell him they're at Woodstock. These two wild women were very entertaining and definitely a highlight of our evening. Once P & C realized they were going to be in big trouble with their husbands they left their little safe haven with great reluctance and went home. Actually I drove them to P's house since C was the designated driver and was asking for directions to P's house which is only two blocks away. P & C you are welcome back anytime. We had a great time and love you both! Next time I'll party with you.
r.m.


1 Comments:
'Pends on what a "fuckery" is. If it's one side trying to bend the other over a barrel for a royal rogering, even at the expense of the good of the country then I can't agree in applying the term to the ultra-mega clusterfuck in Iraq. As described, the term DOES apply to what I personally loathe about the one-or-zer0 binary party system we have now. If, on the other hand, fuckery means "Incompetence to an exponential power"...no, wait, I can't agree there either. Ok, THAT would apply if Bush had blundered us into the war without the urging and guidance of an evil puppeteer (who is making righteous money on the bodies of my dead neighbours). Ok, maybe "fuckery" is really about America getting cornholed as the rich get richer, and the poor just get dead.
Post a Comment
<< Home