Saturday, December 18, 2004

Weekly Calendar

Here's what I will be up to this week:

First some weekly dinner menu's

Tonight Christmas Party/Dinner at Bernice's
Sunday 12/19 - Coq au vin, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli
Monday 12/20 - Some kind of soup (it's supposed to be really cold)
Tuesday 12/21 - Grilled Salmon, brown rice and Salad
Wednesday 12/22 - Homemade Pizza (I have dough in the freezer)
Thursday 12/23 - No plan yet

Christmas Eve - Pot Stickers with soy dipping sauce and Tom Kah Gai (This dinner along with spring rolls have become a tradition over the last several years. I'm not going to do the spring rolls, I have to pace myself.)

Christmas Evening
I'm doing something different this year; I usually have a sit down dinner but I'm going to serve dinner buffet style to enhance a festive atmosphere.

This is the plan so far.

-Spiced Nuts
-Brie in Puff Pastry with Fig Jam
-Grilled Turkey (outside if the weather is good, of course I'm hoping it's going to be very cold)
-Roasted Salmon fillet served surrounded by scallions, red onions, capers, mango/pineapple salsa and tomatoes
-Butternut Squash Hazelnut Lasagne
-Corn Spoon Bread
-Crudites (haricots, asparagus, celery, jicama, cucumber, scallions, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower - I'm thinking red, green and white vegetables for Christmas)served with buttermilk peppercorn dip

Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream
Orange Almond Cake with fresh raspberry sauce and whipped cream
Chocolate Truffles


I have already made eggnog, so maybe I will make some champagne punch and margarita's like in the "Merry Christmas to the Family" song. Or maybe we will just have wine and beer.

Now the Plan:
Saturday (today)- Grocery shopping
Sunday - make orange almond cake (freeze) and make truffles, cook dinner
Monday - make potstickers (freeze), cook dinner
Tuesday - go to work, finish grocery shopping, cook dinner
Wednesday - Clean house, wrap gifts, make dinner
Thursday - make Chicken Kah Gai, finish gift wrapping, brine turkey, make dinner? or go out.

Christmas Eve - steam vegetables for cudites, make buttermilk dipping sauce, take potstickers and cake out of freezer, make dipping sauce for potstickers, make salsa for salmon, wash and prepare other vegetables for crudies, make white sauce and prepare butternut filling for lasagne

Christmas Day - prepare turkey for grill, roast salmon and chill, arrange on platter with condiments, make whipped cream for desserts, prepare Brie in puff pastry, assemble crudites platter, finish and bake lasagne, delegate corn spoon bread making to my daughter.

r.m.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com