Monday, December 20, 2004

Coq au vin, Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Whiskey

First the Coq au vin, for probably about the 100th time I made Coq au vin tonight for dinner, the recipe is always the same it's from the cookbook by Julia Child called From Julia Child's Kitchen, it was really delicious as my son would say it is "the shit". Actually the last time I made Coq au vin was last August the day that Julia Child died and I wanted to make this in honor of her; however; we had a hurricane brewing and the whole city was on alert. So I started relatively early around 4:3o to get the dinner over with before the possibility of losing power. My son was helping and when we got to the part in the recipe where Julia recommends the adding of the Cognac my son got carried away and caused a very intense flame that caused the smoke alarm to go off. So in about 5 minutes we had about five fireman arriving at our house. We assured them that every thing was under control and appolized for having to call them out on a day that would be very busy for them. They said it was no problem and that we must be having a great dinner since the kitchen smelled so wonderful.

I'm staying on schedule pretty well for the week. I worked on cleaning the house today and made the potstickers and orange almond cake and got both of them in the freezer. The potstickers took forever. I made the chocolate truffles yesterday.

My husband emailed me a picture of a 1952 Vincent Black Lightning and I just have to put it on my blog.


I received a Christmas package today from family in Palo Alto, California, after opening it and pulling out the gifts for all of us the last thing I came across was something that I thought was a brick; however it was a bottle of Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey wrapped in bubble wrap. I could read through the bubble wrap and opened it immediately. Now that was exciting, Thanks Ann!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com