Friday, April 01, 2005

Cyst Be Gone

Yesterday I had an appointment at 2:15 to see a surgeon about getting a cyst removed. I arrived at the dr.'s office about 2:00 to fill out papers and commenced to wait to be called back. Around 3:20 after many patients had arrived and were called back, I asked the receptionist when I would get my turn. Se said they were waiting for a surgical room. I said okay. And then I thought to myself wait a second I'm here to see about the cyst not have surgery. So I thought there must be a mistake and waited for my turn to go back. A few minutes later I was lead to the surgical room and the doctor came in and examined me. He said the cyst did need to be taken out and asked me if I wanted it done right then and there. I said wait, wait, wait a second I don't like pain and I have no one with me to drive me home. He said I had nothing to worry about, it would not take long and I would be okay to drive home. So I said okay and after about 6 shots of local anesthesia and 20 minutes later he had removed the unwanted body tissue and stitched me up. The good point about instant surgery is I did not have time to get worked up. I'm pretty much a wimp when it comes to pain and being cut on. So with prescription for pain medicine in hand I drove myself home and after a night of discomfort I'm feeling better today, somewhat.
r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com