Festival Time
Spring has sprung and that means it is time for the Suwannee Springfest. We have been attending this festival and the Magnoliafest since the events started, I think 8 years ago. Here's the great line up.
I am taking Thursday and Friday off so I will only have to work 2 days this week for the non profit tree planting organization I am employed with. (My regular work week is T-F.) So the plan is to shop for food on Thursday and make what I can make on Thursday and then make the rest of the food on Friday morning. We will be staying with my sister and nephew so I will be able to make some of our food there. This is the first Springfest that we have not camped. The park has become extremely overcrowded and camping has lost its appeal but the music is still great. The food available is the usual festival fare. So we like taking our own. Some of the items we make and take are tabouli, potato salad, chicken salad, pimento cheese spread, chips/salsa, beer and wine; the typical picnic foody things (I think we are in a food rut). We expect to have a good time!
r.m.


1 Comments:
Thanks for dropping by. If the weather cooperates we will have a fine time.
Post a Comment
<< Home