Part 2: Grandiose Grand Canyon
On Saturday, May 7 we drove from Death Valley to Las Vegas to pick up our daughter who was going to travel to the Grand Canyon and California with us. My son was unable to make the trip due to school and work. He did get his grades for his first semester back in college and made three A's. Yea!
I am glad that we only planned to stay in Las Vegas for one night. That city is like Disneyland/world on steroids. Definitely an adult dose. After I lost about 70 dollars in the Hard Rock Casino we picked up our daughter at the airport. By the way of all the great rock 'n roll music, the music that was played at the casino just simply sucked. Las Vegas, not our cup of tea.
On our way to the Grand Canyon National Park we opted to take the Hoover Dam tour. My daughter who has a civil engineering degree didn't want to pass this up. We then drove to the Grand Canyon. We stayed in the Maswick Lodge-North about a 5 minute walk to the rim. My husband and daughter hiked part of the Bright Angel Trail and of course, I declined since I'm a wimp when it comes to sharp drop off cliffs. We took several scenic shuttle buses to various spots on the rim at different times of the day including sunset. We saw condors, deer, chipmunks, squirrels, and a small bunny. The Grand Canyon is a spectacular place and I think along with Death Valley it is a place that should not be missed in one's lifetime. Here are some photos.

Gasing up in Shoshone
The first town outside of Death Valley National Park.

Erin at Hoover Dam

Calvin and Erin at Hermit's Rest
The most westerly viewpoint on the South Rim.

Chipmunks

Grand Canyon


1 Comments:
More great pictures. I would love to visit the Grand Canyon one day.
Post a Comment
<< Home