Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tag Me Baby

My good blogging friend Tennessee Jed tagged me. I guess I will blab blog about myself. Hope it's not too boring.

In Jed's words "this tag thing works like this: Remove the blog in the top spot from the list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot."

Here is the new list:

1. Rex L.
2. Aunt B.
3. Newscoma
4. Tennessee Jed
5. Blue Page Special

Then select five folks to tag. Also as Jed says "it's for fun". Here are the five I am tagging.

1. errnnn
2. stacey
3. wordjunky
4. nowhere nick
5. j-walk (like he would really do a tag)

What were you doing ten years ago?

I had just quit a really bad job. It was the first of Jan 1996 and I pretty much went to work one morning and by 10:00 a.m. I cleaned out my desk and went to my boss and said "take this job and shove it" or something like that.

What were you doing one year ago?

Hating my job that I had had for 8 years...there seems to be a pattern here. I did quit that job in Nov. as you might recall.

Five snacks you enjoy:

Red Wine
Bittersweet chocolate
Guinnness
Cheese-Triple Cream French
Popcorn (homemade- not of the microwave shit)


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
I'm going to put down a few lyrics...pretend like I am singing to you.

Robert Earl Keen, Merry Christmas to the Family

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party
We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog
Little sister brought her new boyfriend
He was a Mexican
We didn't know what to think of him until he sang
Felis Navidad, Felis Navidad


The Band, The Weight

I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' about half past dead;
I just need some place where I can lay my head.
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, and "No!", was all he said
Take a load off Fanny, take a load for free;
Take a load off Fanny, And (and) (and) you can put the load right on
me.


John Prine, Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian

Well, I packed my bags and bought myself a ticket
For the land of the tall palm tree.
Aloha ol’ Milwaukee,
Hello Waikiki
I just stepped down from the airplane
When I heard her say.
“Wacka Wacka, nuka, licka
Wacka Wacka nuka licka
Would you like a ……Lay


Kinky Friedman, Ol' Ben Lucas

Ol’ Ben Lucas had a lot of mucus
Comin’ right out of his nose.
He picked and picked till it made you sick
But back again it grows


Ry Cooder, Mr. Railroad Man

Good morning, Mr. Railroad Man
What time do your trains roll by ?
"At 9:16 and 2:44 and 25 minutes 'till 5"
"At 9:16 and 2:44 and 25 minutes 'till 5"
Thank you, Mr. Railroad Man
I want to watch your trains go by


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

Travel
Move to NYC
Buy my son a car
Buy my daughter her volvo dream car
spend the rest

Five bad habits:

Drinking too much wine
Bitching too much
Embarrassing my twenty-agers
Embarrassing Mr. Red Molly
Having too much fun

Five things you like doing:

Cooking
Picnics
Having fun with Mr. Red Molly
Reading
Traveling

Five things you would never wear again:

contacts
false eyelashes
wig
stilettos
kotex

Five favorite toys:

iPod Shuffle
kitchen gadgets
5 speed car that goes fast
Birds (I like bird watching from my livingroom window)
Pretty wine glasses

4 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Fan-Fan-Fanny, you put the load, put the load right on me. I love that song! I hope you are doing well my bloggin' sister.

February 23, 2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

I'm doing very well. Thank you my bloggin' brother.

February 23, 2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I got tickled reading your answers :)
Ditto the kotex lol
Having too much fun is never a bad thing!

February 26, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks, Deb.

February 26, 2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com