Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz
I finally made a saporous dinner tonight worthy of opening up a good bottle of wine I had received as a Christmas gift from my husband. It's not that I haven't been cooking since Christmas it just seems the dinners I have prepared haven't been inspiring enough to open a good bottle of wine. And not that I haven't opened wine with dinner; I have, especially since I have discovered the new Wine Warehouse in our neighborhood. It's actually about one mile away. So I can always get there even if I have to walk. Anyway, tonight I grilled a filet of salmon that I had rubbed with olive oil and Cajun spices and cooked it on our Weber grill (it's still hot as hell here in this hellhole of a State I call home) so I thought grilling outdoors would be nice. I made a citrus butter to drizzle on the salmon, brown rice soubise and a vegetable medley of sauteed red onions, corn, carrots and asparagus with a little cumin butter. And with our dinner we had the Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz. We toasted to Pete McCarthy.
r.m.


<< Home