Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dicking with Dell, Just Shoot Me

It must be the week for computer problems. It started Sunday when my son was trying to print a paper for school and had some ‘slight frustrations’ and then yesterday I wanted to blog and blogger was down and then today the whammy of them all happened when it comes to computer malfunctions; my hard drive at work on my brand new Dell (3 weeks old) had failed me. I could not get my computer booted up this morning so after a couple of phone calls to Dell and two hours later I'm told I need a new hard drive, fan, and DVD RW drive. I said to the techician why not just send me a new computer and the technician said “oh, it’s not bad enough for us to send you a new computer”. I said, “Gee, three important hardware components on my brand new computer has failed and you can’t send me a new computer and the technician still replied “No”. So it looks like I get to keep the lemon. Since I had not backed up my computer and neither one of my CD or DVD drives would work in safe mode I gingerly copied files and transferred them to my old computer which is pretty much dying a slow death as well. I was planning to do a full back up of my computer this week with my new Maxtor external hard drive I had purchased but had not had a chance to install it on my new computer since I was out last Friday with the surprise surgical procedure. I had to back up all my files on my memory stick and then transfer them to my old computer. Of course I get to reverse all that work and reload all the software when I get the new hard drive. I guess it could be worse my hard drive could have just totally died. Then I would have a whole month of work to redo.

On a happier note it’s just one month from today until I get to go to Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and California on my vacation.

r.m.

1 Comments:

Blogger red molly said...

Thank you all for your comments.

I'm with N.N. my next home computer will be an Apple.

b.d., you were lucky to get a new computer. I'm worried that I will have to take mine apart before they will send me a new one.

Vicki, sorry about your Dell problems. It sounds like Dell really has the market on computers. You would think the company would build better computers and have better costomer (a typo I decided not to correct, it seems fitting) service.

April 06, 2005 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com