Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Note to Self: never buy another Dell

Question: Did you know that when you buy a new Dell computer if replacement parts are needed they will be refurbished parts or if they decide to send you a new computer it will be refurbished?


I was on the phone again with Dell and I won't bore you with all the details but the bottom line is they will not send me a new computer. They have a 21 day return policy (no exceptions) and I have had the new dell for 4 weeks. They start the 21 day period at the order date (so that's actually approximately 14 days). So I get refurbished parts for my new computer. This is the complaint I sent to dell after talking to two other people today. It took me forever to find a customer support email address on the Dell website and then when I composed the email and pressed the send bottom my computer had "the blue screen of death". I thought that was ironic and also that my hard drive had died but I rebooted in safe mode again and was able to get the email off.


I received my new computer on March 8, 2005. It has been confirmed by your tech department that I have hard drive failure, DVD RW failure, and fan failure. I am requesting a new replacement computer for this computer since it obviously has serious problems. I WAS TOLD BY TWO PEOPLE AT DELL THAT THE 'TOTAL SATISFACTION RETURN POLICY' WAS STATED ON THE BACK OF MY PACKING SLIP. IT WAS NOT; ONLY A REFERENCE TO GO TO WWW.DELLCUSTOMERCARE AND THEN YOU HAVE TO SCROOL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND the 'TOTAL SATISFACTION RETURN POLICY' WAS STILL 3 CLICKS AWAY. NOT EXACTLY WELL STATED. I HAVE BEEN PURCHASING DELL COMPUTERS FOR MY OFFICE AND HOME FOR 13 YEARS; HOWEVER, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DELL. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE OUTCOME OF MY NEW COMPUTER ISSUES. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS SEEMINLY NOT A PRIORTY WITH YOUR COMPANY. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REPLACE PARTS IN MY NEW COMPUTER WITH REFURBISHED PARTS. A NEW COMPUTER SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH ANOTHER NEW COMPUTER. IF I WANTED A REFURBISHED COMPUTER THAT'S WHAT I WOULD HAVE ORDERED AND SAVED OUR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION SOME MONEY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com