Monday, October 03, 2005

A Whole Lot of Regular Stuff

There has been a bunch of stuff going on over the last week that I haven't blogged about nothing earth shattering just the regular day in the life of Red Molly so to speak. I will try to just bullet some of the events so I don't get so long winded. First I will say Mr. Red Molly has been working balls to the wall with some kind of month-end, file transfer, Unix Server update/debachle, what have you. I really don't have a clue. All I know is that he has been working a bunch of hours lately and has been on the phone a lot.

Here's my recap of the week. My intentions are not to bore anyone too badly and I thank you in advance for stopping by.

  • Last Sunday, September 25, my daughter hosted a little house warming party which was quite nice except I had too much to drink and embarrassed her. So what else is new. I did make new curtains for her dinning room so I hope I am forgiven.


  • Wednesday, September 28, my nephew came over for his weekly "He cooks dinner night" but I sort of got started and then when he arrived we finished up making some kickass homemade pizza.


  • Friday, Mr. Red Molly and my daughter went down to Gainesville to see Old Crow Medicine Show (O.C.M.S) and I was home alone. I went up to the wine/restaurant my son works at and had dinner and a couple of glasses of wine and then watched a couple of movies. One was Monster-in-law (not that great but a movie I knew Mr. Red Molly would not be able to handle since his intelligent level is way above mine and the other was Crash which I thought was pretty good.


  • Saturday night Mr. Red Molly and I decided to go to Freebird (I just discovered that some of the band members from Lynyrd Skynyrd died in a plane crash the day before we were married - I did know they died in the crash in 1977, I just hadn't remembered the date)at the beach and see O.C.M.S. with my daughter and nephew, Nowhere Nick...which you might remember that is where we saw Hot Tuna back in the summer and I hated the venue but we were caught up in a weak moment and decided to return there. O.C.M.S. were wonderful; however, the venue still sucked but we still had a great time.


  • Sunday, I saved a bird. We have large glass windows across the back of our living room and often birds fly into it and when this happened on Sunday I decided enough is enough I'm going to find out what to do for the wild flying birds and I rescued a little brown thrasher that was lying belly up on my porch. I Googled "bird first aid, stunned bird" and sure enough got the instructions to save the bird which was to collect the bird put it in a dark box lined with a paper sack and throw in some tree branches or twigs bring it inside and place it in a quiet place for 30 minutes "so it can get it's wit's back". And that is what I did and then took it outside and he flew away.


  • Also on Sunday, my son has a job dog sitting for some friends and they also were letting him drive their 2003 Audi while they were away which is a big step up from the POS car he usually drives so he was pretty happy about that and when he came home in the car it was smoking like a chimney and we couldn't figure out where the hell the smoke was coming from so he called the Fire Department and he was quite embarrassed when he heard them approaching the neighborhood with the siren on. Anyway they did come to the rescue and put out the smoke and said the cloth lining around the catalytic converter had come unglued and was causing the smoke.


  • And tonight my son made us a really delicious dinner of chicken and lentils accompanied with a nice zucchini cream sauce. YUM! YUM!

    That's about it. I don't want to bury my entry asking for help for my friends, so please go here if you haven't read this post.
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

    I can not express how much I enjoyed speaking with you the other day. I feel like we have known each other a long time. It was like speaking with my sister and catching up.

    October 04, 2005 8:28 PM  
    Blogger red molly said...

    Thanks, buddy don, stacey lynn and tennessee jed for your kind words and stopping by.

    We are all in a big cyberspace family/friendship world getting to know each other but yet it is still a small world.

    October 04, 2005 9:33 PM  
    Blogger iBeth said...

    All quite nifty, esp the part about saving the bird. What ever happened with your rats?

    October 06, 2005 8:24 PM  
    Blogger red molly said...

    Beth,
    I just harvest some cat poop today from my cats' litter box (I have been putting off that chore) so we will see how that works. Thanks for stopping by.

    October 06, 2005 8:47 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com