Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Got Pot...Stickers?

I have cooked several of my favorite dishes over the last few months for my son's girlfriend to sample before they move away and Monday I decided to cook another one of our family favorites, potstickers. We gobbled down potstickers and fried rice and had a nice dinner together. On Sunday I had invited my friend and her family over for dinner along with my husband's mother and my daughter and her boyfriend; with Mr. Red Molly, myself and the two twenty-agers living here we had a full house for dinner and lots of fun. My son grilled salmon, and I made basmati rice, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and a garden salad. My son made a very tasty cheese/cream sauce to go over the steamed veggies. My friend brought a scrumptious cake that she had made called a Three Milk Cake. After dinner we went outside and was entertained by my son among others.


4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Oh my, those look so good, better than any I have ever seen!!
Do tell what a three milk cake is!
What a nice night.. you all do have such wonderful evenings.. that is what life is for :)

July 13, 2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

The pot stickers look like they ae floating in mid air. Are they on a glass plate? Is this just a dream? Why am I hungry?

July 13, 2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Julie,
Here's some info on the cake
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Cakes/TresLechesCake.htm

I am getting the recipe from my friend and will post it with her permission.

Jed,
The potstickers were on a black plate...I guess it does look like they were on glass.

As always, thank you both for your visits.

July 13, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I've never eaten potstickers although I do have a bag of frozen potstickers in my freezer right now. I think they've been in there for well over a year! I never did cook them because I was afraid of screwing them up but if I remember correctly, all the directions said to do was to put them in a pan of boiling water. Anyway, YOURS look amazing! What's inside? Is it meat? Veggies? I love anything made with dough ;~)

I'll be back to check on that cake,too lol!

July 18, 2006 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com