Monday, July 31, 2006

"Little Birdies" update

I had a relatively quiet weekend as I adjust to the 'little birdies' flying away. They seem to be doing fine in their new home. They were text messaging me a bunch on Saturday reporting their whereabouts. Things like "we are at the farmers market at Union Station and "we are now at the Whole Foods Market" and "we just bought 3 bottles of 3buck Chuck". Of course, I was very envious that I could not be there.

We have the poorest excuse for a farmer's market here. It is very trashy and depressing to visit and I have to depend on the local grocery stores to provide me with the fruits and vegetables I am in pursuit of. Yesterday, I was looking for two very common items, Boston lettuce and watercress, and you would think I was looking for some kind of exotic food like a durian or something. I also wanted fresh fish and I had to settle for something that may not have been so fresh. You would think by living 20 miles from the ocean I could find a fresh fish vendor somewhere in this city on a Sunday. Someday I will live in a place that does not have 100 degree heat in the summertime and a place where you can buy fresh and delicious fruits, vegetables and seafood.

I hope everyone has a good work week. Stay cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

One would think fresh fish would be easy where you are. I guess it does sound right because why sell it for wholesale down there when you can ship it to NYC and get premo money for it.

I hope the kids are doing well.

July 31, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I have the same dream.
The last time I went to our local farmer's market there were two, TWO!, farmers. It really is depressing! I'm taking my money to Costco tomorrow. I think they have fresh seafood and maybe I can find some strawberries there, too, since they're out of season here.

August 11, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com