Monday, July 24, 2006

Goodbye Party


My son and his girlfriend are leaving for NYC on Wednesday morning and yesterday Mr. Red Molly and I hosted a going away party for them. We had a very nice time with about 40 to 50 people stopping in to say goodbye. My son and I made a bunch of tasty food and he set it out on our credenza that separates our kitchen from our living room. My son has developed great cooking skills and learned a lot about food presentation from working in the restaurant business for the past four years; as you can see in the photo below.

Our friend brought over a durian and my son opened it and everyone got a taste of this very weird fruit. It tasted like a pineapple custard. Another guest came wearing a belt with a little neon buckle that flashed and scrolled I LOVE (MY SON'S NAME HERE) and (MY SON'S GIRLFRIEND'S NAME HERE). It was certainly entertaining!

Today, I plan to take the kids to pick up the moving truck and than they will start loading it up. It is going to be somewhat strange being empty nesters since we have had a kid in the home for the past 26 years. I am going to be a little sad and will definitely miss them but I am happy for my son and his girlfriend for their adventurous spirit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Empty nest and weird fruit. I bet you and Mr Red Molly will enjoy the freedom because you two seem to really enjoy each other's company. I know you will miss your son being around every day, but change is the only thing you can count on in this world and it don't have to be bad just different. Hope the changes coming go as smooth as possible Red.

July 26, 2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com