Christmas Photos
Photo #1 - Mr. Red Molly opening gift from our daughter...the Klutz Drawing Book for the Artistically Undiscovered.
Photo #2 - Mr. Red Molly opening another gift this one from our son...a very old (142 years) map of France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Photo #3 - Mr. Red Molly opening yet another gift... balls, steel boules balls to play this game.
Photo #4 & 5 - My daughter modeling the two vintage aprons I made for her.
Photo #6 - My daughter giving her family a slide show of her trip to Australia.
We all had a very nice day. I think everyone enjoyed the dinner. I have to say that I was very pleased with the results. I may have to repeat the same menu next year. I am not a very good gravy maker but for some reason the gravy recipe I used turned out delicious... the best I have ever made. The turkey was also the best roast turkey I have ever made. Also new this year were the popovers. I think I have made them before but it has been a long time. They turned out perfect. The stuffing/dressing, mashed potatoes, peas and onions, and salad also went over very well. I did have to apologize to my family for cooking a frozen vegetable, peas; but no one complained. Here's the link for the turkey and gravy recipe. A note on the gravy: I did not serve the gravy with the cooked apples from the roasting pan.
We missed our son but did hear from him several times over the holiday weekend. I think he and his girlfriend had a nice Christmas together.







1 Comments:
Looks like an extra nice Christmas! I thought popovers were uninvited guest or the kind who tell you they are coming over with little notice.
Post a Comment
<< Home