Pouilly Fumé
Yesterday as I was reading My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme, I read several passages to Mr. Red Molly. Specifically those relating to Julia and her husband Paul selecting Pouilly Fumé as their wine of choice on several occasions. Later in the day Mr. Red Molly went to the grocery store to buy lemons for another apple tart he had decided to make. (He has lately been trying out different recipes for apple tarts.) When he returned he surprised me with a bottle of Pouilly Fumé. Of course, I chilled it and served it with our dinner. I had not had a plan in place for dinner by this time of the day but when Mr. Red Molly arrived home with the wine I decided to make chicken fricassee, baby dutch yellow potatoes seasoned with parsley and butter and green beans sauteed with garlic and bread crumbs. Both the chicken and green bean recipes came from my favorite Julia Child cookbook, from Julia Child's Kitchen. Dinner was very enjoyable. Delicious food, great wine and a scrumptious apple tart.The weather was delightful yesterday. A cool 79 for the high; however, it won't last temperatures will be back up in the upper eighties by mid week.


2 Comments:
Dang RM you have done it once more over at the Blue Page Special!
You should write a food column!
Almost looks too nice to eat, I can only imagine how nice it was on the palate.
Post a Comment
<< Home