Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year End

Here's some tidbits of info to end the year for Red Molly.

1. Went to lunch with my daughter yesterday while Mr. Red Molly was trying to see a matinee of the Metropolitan Opera's Magic Flute simulcast at a local theatre. There were tech difficulties and he basically wasted two hours; however, he did get 3 movie passes and a refund.

2. After lunch yesterday, my daughter and I came back to my house and we made a cake together. It was a cake from this cookbook that Mr. Red Molly and I had given her for Christmas.

3. This morning I made a batch of popovers. It is the new food group that I am loving. My daughter told me tonight that she also made a batch of popovers this morning. Last week just before Christmas I went out and bought two popover pans. I loaned her one of them last night. I don't need to have two on a regular basis, I will just borrow it back from her when I need to make more than 6 popovers.

4. Today Mr. Red Molly and I played our first game of boules. We went to a neighborhood park and played. We had to share our space with a bunch of kids playing touch football. They wanted to interrupt our game and that was not fair we were there first. Little brats. Anyway Mr. Red Molly and I had a good time. We played two games. I won one and he won one. The weather was just horrible...hot. At least 82 degrees. It was really weird playing in such hot weather and then coming home to the lights of our Christmas tree.

5. Speaking of Christmas tree we will take it down tomorrow. Today I found about five ornaments among a bunch of Christmas wrap in my daughters old bedroom. They were ornaments that we had bought on our Seattle/Vancouver trip last January. I hung them on the tree where they will only be there for about 24 hours but hopefully will end up in the ornament box and back on a tree next year. Hopefully with better timing.

6. Tonight I cooked from Simca's Cuisine by Simone 'Simca' Beck. This was the menu: Cornish hens grilled with Madeira and cream, Potatoes sauteed with unpeeled garlic and mixed greens salad vinaigrette with Roquefort cheese.

7. On Tuesday I will return to work after being off for 10 days. Nuff said!

8. Hope everyone has a great new year. I was looking for a disco ball or something festive to upload but could not find anything I liked. So just pretend there is a disco ball twirling around.

9. See you next year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Happy New year RM! You are always teaching me something and I thank you! I must google this popover thing.

January 01, 2007 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com