UNESCO's World Heritage Sites
About a week after our son arrived in Montana he talked his parents into making a trip there. We will spend about a week in the cool comforts (hopefully) of the big sky country. While planning the trip I realized that Glacier National Park is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites and that got me thinking about how many sites there are and how many we have visited or will be visiting soon. Glacier National Park borders Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada—the two parks are known as the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.
Here is the list of the few World Heritage sites we have visited:
Belgium
* La Grand-Place, Brussels
* Historic Centre of Brugge
Canada
* Historic District of Old Québec
France
* Mont-Saint-Michel and its Bay
* Arles, Roman and Romanesque Monuments
* Roman Theatre and its Surroundings and the "Triumphal Arch" of Orange
* Pont du Gard (Roman Aqueduct)
* Paris, Banks of the Seine
* Historic Centre of Avignon: Papal Palace, Episcopal Ensemble and Avignon Bridge
* Historic Site of Lyons
Germany
* Cologne Cathedral
* Upper Middle Rhine Valley
Ireland
* Archaeological Ensemble of the Bend of the Boyne
* Skellig Michael (I missed this site but Mr. Redmolly and my daughter did visit.
I couldn't make the trip in the small boat on the rough water)
Luxembourg
* City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
* Giant's Causeway and Causeway Coast
* Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
United States of America
* Everglades National Park
* Grand Canyon National Park
* Redwood National and State Parks
* Great Smoky Mountains National Park
* Yosemite National Park
* Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville
* Waterton Glacier International Peace Park
Click here for the official list.
See comment:
Thanks Jed for those lyrics. Although it sounded familiar I am not sure if I have heard that song before. I found this video and enjoyed watching and listening to it.
Labels: travel


1 Comments:
Reminds me of a Johnny Cash song...
I was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road When along came a semi with a high and canvas covered load "If you're going to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride." So I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand And I said, "Listen, Bud, I've traveled every road in this here land." (Chorus) I've been everywhere, man; I've been everywhere, man 'Cross the deserts bare, man, I've breathed the mountain air, man Of travel, I've had my share, man, I've been everywhere.
(Chant) Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla
I'm a killer.
(Repeat Chorus, Then Chant) Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.
(Repeat Chorus, Then Chant) Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Shefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellicoe, Argentina, Diamontina, Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean'a.
(Repeat Chorus, Then Chant) Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravellburg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado, Larrimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City,
Dodge City, what a pity . . .
"I know some place you haven't been." I've been everywhere.
Post a Comment
<< Home