Monday, May 05, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

I am always looking for a theme or inspiration to make a yummy dinner. Today being May 5th I decided it would be a celebration of Cinco de Mayo with margaritas and shrimp fajitas. The recipe is really for chicken fajitas but I wanted to cook shrimp (since that is what I had in the fridge) and I substituted the shrimp and added a little of this and that and actually created some tasty kick ass fajitas...not to mention how delicious the margaritas were. Our son called us during dinner and Mr. Red Molly was relating to him about the tasty dinner and margaritas and of course our son wanted to know what kind of tequila we used in the drinks. I told Mr. Red Molly to lie to our son and tell him we were using Patron Silver but being the honest man Mr. Red Molly confessed that we were just using Jose Cuervo. It is scary times when you feel like you have to impress your children. Anyway dinner was mighty tasty. I will leave you with a photo of tonights dinner and another photo of a decent dinner I cooked last week the day after we returned from Canada when I was craving a good home cook dinner. The dinner was panko crusted salmon with sautéed watercress with pine nuts and basmati rice.


1 Comments:

Blogger buddydon said...

seems lack ye have been in the habit here lately of trine to make us all drool ... and ye never fail! wish i could be thar fer a bite of that good lookin food ... n ifn my medicayshun wood allow it, a sip or three of them margaritas!

May 09, 2008 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com