Sunday, August 24, 2008

Storm Update, etc.

After having a tropical storm sitting on us for about three days and not having power for about half that time, we are starting to get back into the normal routine of living in the hot sticky south. Yesterday was really miserable, humidity was about 110% and without power it was just unbearable. We were very lucky that we did not have any trees fall on our property but many folks did have tree damage in our neighborhood. I can't ever remember being in a storm that lasted so long. It was just crazy. I had to throw everything out of the refrigerator/freezer today...what a mess.

My daughter had her 28th birthday Friday and because of her job she has had to work all weekend assessing pumpstation damage. We are planning to celebrate tonight with me cooking a birthday dinner for her. She actually came by our house yesterday to pick up her Dad's GPS to help her find some of the 1200 pumpstations that she and 7 other employees had to locate this weekend and while she was here I told her she was very brave to drive down our street in the company truck while all the neighbors were without power.

My son returned to Jersey City last night after being in MT since June 12. I think he really hated to leave MT but he has to get back to school and find a job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Reminds me of a favorite line from "Raising Arizona".

"Your young and ya got your health. What in the world do you need with a job?"

Glad things are going well for your clan, Red.

August 26, 2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

How about Ike? I keep watching that storm and wondering how you all are going to fare. I worry about you down there and keep hoping you're going to be okay!

September 06, 2008 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com