Crisis on the Home Front
There are times in your life when you think you are just about to go over the edge. That happen to me today. On the work front, I had a project to attend to today for the organization that I work for and it was the planting of 1000 seedlings at a local University. We are calling it The Green Zone: A Carbon Neutral Forest. After the planting event I had to go back to work and load up my car with about a zillion t-shirts and other shit for our project tomorrow which we are doing a pruning workshop/city clean up getting ready for the big event.
After work I came home and decided to unload the dryer which was housing my son's laundry. I scooped up the clothes and when I was taking the laundry to his room I tried to open the door to his room and his closet door was open and so the door do his room hit the closet door and I couldn't get into the room with ease and hit the phone/fax machine which was on top of his computer right next to the door so I knocked the damn fax/phone onto the floor and thought oh shit what the hell was that and then all of a sudden I heard the beep beep from the phone off the hook and looked down and saw the phone on the floor. The phone is totally destroyed. Then I decided it was time for some wine. But I looked in the wine bin and we were out of red wine so I had to make a quick trip to the Wine Warehouse. Then is was time to make a decision about dinner. Jesus, why do we always have to have some kind of fucking meal at the end of the day. So we went to one of our favorite dinner spots, had dinner, came home and had a discussion about who was going to use the Symphony tickets. Errnnn wanted to go with us and I needed to get up by 6 in the morning for tomorrow's work project so I suggested that my husband and Errnnn go and I would stay home and go to bed early. All in all I think I have been in an extremely blue funk today. Too much work and not enough fun; however, the wine does help.
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home