Friday, May 27, 2005

Two-Part Pour

My husband and I met yesterday after work for a "pint" with Kieran. Kieran is from Ireland and works with my husband. This was our second after work get together. We had a good time (how can you not have a good time drinking with an Irish guy). Kieran ordered a German beer and my husband and I ordered Guinness. Kieran said he doesn't drink Guinness here because very few bartenders know how to pour a proper Guinness. We agreed. At this bar our Guinness arrived in a pilsner glass not a pint glass (first offense) and with only one pour (second offense). Regardless of the inappropriate way the Guinness was served, I had five or was it six; I think my husband had four and Kieran I think was on his fifth beer when we departed. I have never in my life drank that much Guinness in one evening.

According to the official Guinness website here is the proper way to pour a Guinness. Listen up all you bartenders.

"Six Degrees of Preparation
GUINNESS® Draught is best served at 6°C (that’s 42.8°F), with the legendary two-part pour. First, tilt the glass to 45 degrees and carefully pour until three quarters full. Then place the glass on the bar counter and leave to settle. Once the surge has settled, fill the glass to the brim. It takes about 119.5 seconds to pour the perfect pint. But don’t fret. It’s worth the wait."

r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com