Thursday, June 16, 2005

Big Ass Day

This is going to be a big ass post. I have way too much to post about; but I will try to make it brief.

First an update about the Asko.

Okay, I'm not going to rant and rave about my Asko problem in the same fashion as I did the Dell computer debacle. I don't think the Asko company deserves the effort. In researching Asko problems over the internet I have found numerous sites where customers are expressing their dissatisfaction with their Asko appliance. I have talked with Asko support and I'm not getting good vibes about their intent to exhibit good customer satisfaction behavior. Here is one of the complaints I found:

"I am probably joining thousands of others who have the same feelings about ASKO products.

ASKO is probably the WORST customer service organization on the major appliance category.

ASKO is probably the most OVERPRICED, CONTINUOUSLY BROKEN DOWN APPLIANCE, with POOR QUALITY CONSTRUCTION/PARTS in the universe.
"

It looks like we are going to be in the market for a new dishwasher. I think Asko just wants to give us some kind of credit towards another Asko piece of shit. I have decided that I am not going to give Asko another dime (no pun intended, you would have to read my post on April 25 about my Asko W&D to understand what I mean). We have had several repairs on the DW but are unable to locate receipts and the place that did the repairs had a fire in March and all their files were destroyed. (Yeah, fire). I did find receipts for the Asko W&D and we have paid $750 in repairs in four years on those two appliances. The Asko customer service rep said that in order for them to replace the dishwasher with a new dishwasher we would have to have some type of "catastrophic malfunction". I thinking, WTF? A fire is not catastrophic malfunction; our house could have burned down. What idiots.

So I gonna move on and look for a new dishwasher. Let me know if you have any recommendations. I do have attributes that I'm looking for: a light inside the tub, a stainless steel tub, stainless steel door and quiet running cycle. We will see.

Okay for item #2. I had a big event at work today which was the annual meeting of our organization.

Okay for item #3: After the work event I took an early leave for the day and met a long-time friend at a neighborhood bar and we hung out and had a good time. Drinking, talking, whatnot. Ater that I went home and decided I would make some dinner for my husband so while he went off and bought me a really good bottle of wine I cooked us up a very nice spinach cheese omelet. I really love that man.

here is how it is described on the back label "Just what it says. This is a big intense, lush Cabernet Sauvignon"

And I almost forgot, Happy Bloomsday!

r.m.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Our dishwasher is a low-end Whirlpool and has had about 3 years service with no problems. It seems like the higher end units are more touchy with fancy electronics (that catch on fire). Hope you work it out and find a new slave for your kitchen.

The wine looks tasty with its funny label, anything that is called "fat ass" is worth a try.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

The Mag fest seems like big fun, I hope your hubby gets on board!

June 17, 2005 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com