Is A Pig Roast A Party?
From Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Main Entry: 1par·ty
Pronunciation: 'pär-tE
Function: noun
a social gathering
Over the past several years there seems to be a pattern set by our twenty-agers to host a party when they have been left alone. The first party that I found out about (I'm sure there have been others) was in 2000 when we traveled to Ireland. We actually took both kids with us on that trip. My son was 18 and my daughter was 19. My daughter traveled with us for the duration of the trip which was 3 weeks. My son was with us for 10 days. When we put him on an airplane to return to the states the last comment I had for him was don't have a party. A month or so after we had returned we were looking for the Ireland photos he had taken with his camera. When I found them I also found other photos taken at our home of a lot of teen-agers having a good time. One picture was of my son's friend Jackson spanking a group of girls on all fours with one of my wooden kitchen spoons. Another picture was of another group of kids on our back porch smoking/drinking etc. I'm looking at the photos and I'm thinking what kind of person takes pictures of a party they are not suppose to have and leave them around for their parents to find. Another time was on our trip to Ireland in 2002, this was our 25th anniversary trip and we left both the twenty-agers home alone. I think there were two parties thrown while we were gone on that trip. One given by my daughter that was some kind of girls slumber party that my son had told his friends about and a couple of guys showed up in lingerie. Another party was when both my son and daughter had friends over and the air conditioner wasn't working and they had all the windows open and the music turned up really loud. This is when the cops came. So on our last trip in 2004 all was quiet on the home front. No parties sited. However, on this last trip that we took out west when we left our son home alone there is this rumor going around that he had a pig roast. Something about a bunch of kids getting together and burying a pig in the ground. Right before we left I asked my son not to have a party while we were gone. He said he was not going too. Then I asked him did he know the definition of the word "party" and he said more than two people over having drinks, I said that sounded reasonable. So I guess if you have people over and a pig, it's a pig roast and not a party.
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home