Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bird Watching

Yesterday, I started my day with these symptoms: headache • cough • runny nose • itching of the nose • nasal congestion • muscular aches • sneezing • sore throat • minor aches and pains. I didn't feel like going to work but I had some reports I had to get to our board treasurer so I went to work, finished up the reports and then came home and went to bed. This morning I wasn't much better so I stayed home. I hope I don't have some kind of bird flu especially since our government would not have a clue as to how to handle a pandemic.

Today in and out of my Robitussin sedative trance I was doing some bird watching out of my living room windows and I notice a bird I had not seen before. I identified it with our Field Guide to North American Birds, Eastern Region as an American Redstart. Further research on the internet told me the bird was most likely migrating south and then I found a Backyard Bird Count site that indicated only one Jacksonville sighting. Cool!! The bird has been hanging out in my tree off and on for the last 3 hours.

I don't want the bird flu or any kind of flu but I'll take staying home from work birdwatching anytime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Get well soon!

Please don't have any kind of flu. Dr. Jed says it is a common cold brought on by a change of seasons. I recommend Zicam it is a heavy dose of zinc shot up the nose, it makes a cold much less uncomfortable and shorter.

Birds are a blast to watch, they seem to enjoy life so very much.

October 12, 2005 6:14 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks guys for stopping by. I hope it 'tis just a cold.

October 13, 2005 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com