Tonight's Blue Plate Special
When I started this blog I had the idea that I would write mostly about cooking but I have actually done very little of that sort of thing. (I'm having more fun doing other things besides cooking.) Tonight I thought I would just mention our dinner. I got off work about 4:45 and while Mr. Red Molly was working out I started making dinner. He' so smart to have a regular work out schedule something I know I ought to be doing. I made coq au vin, mashed potatoes and frozen peas. The coq au vin is quite substantial with the chicken, onion, and delicious wine sauce and of course we all know how filling mashed potatoes are so the meal was most complete accompanied with a California Merlot. Speaking of food, last night my nephew, Nick, came over and we had our cooking night together. We made noodles with an Asian peanut sauce mixed with sauteed scallions and red pepper strips and steamed broccoli. Nick cleaned and cooked baby artichokes. And that meal was accompanied with yet another bottle of wine, a California Cabernet Sauvignon. After dinner Mr. Red Molly got out The Pretty Good Joke Book by Garrison Keillor and read some jokes . A few I specifically remember went something like this:
Why is brassiere singular and panties plural?
If seagulls fly over the sea then what do you call birds that fly over bays? baygulls
A bear walks into a bar and orders a beer [------------------------------] and some peanuts and the bartender asks "why the big paws".
Okay, enough is enough...we did have ourselves a fine time.
I have done my cooking for the work week, I think Mr. Red Molly and I will have a dinner and movie date tomorrow night.


3 Comments:
I hope you have a nice date with the Mr.!
We have seagulls here too. Some stay near the lakes, but most hang out at fastfood places eating from dumpsters.
McGulls, KFCGulls and my favorite WindyGulls. Of course they are all Tennessee Valley Gulls...I could go on and on and on. You know how gull-able I can be.
Jed, Very funny. Along with being a great blogger you could write your own Pretty Good Joke Book. You have a great sense of humor and you are very wise to boot.
Stacey Lynn, if you were my neighbor I would love to teach you to cook.
N.N., I also enjoy our cooking nights...you never know what might happen.
Buddy don, the bear joke is one of Mr. Red Molly's favorite. He has told it many times.
Thank you all for stopping by.
Post a Comment
<< Home