Friday, August 04, 2006

This and That

I have to say that since my son and his girlfriend moved away the house has been very quiet. Dargai and Whatbay (the cats) have taken up residence in the kids bedroom and I think the cats miss the kids as much as I do. I got to thinking about being an emptynester and realized that I'm not really an emptynester...Mr. Red Molly is still here :~) .

At work there was a change of staff while I was on my vacation and I have been given two new assignments; learning and managing a donor database and an auction software and I have been extremely busy putting a plan in place has to how I will fit these two new job descriptions into my part-time work week. We'll see. I have been reading manuals and taking e-tutorials all week. Mr. Red Molly is going to give me one on one training this weekend to get me up to speed. He's not a database administrator but he has a ton of knowledge in that area and I know will be a great help.

The kids called yesterday to say their power was out for most of the night and with the heat wave were none too happy. I guess today a cool front is going to come through up there and hopefully will cool things down a bit. Of course, we have had a very hot week here with a heat index of over 100 but this is Florida and we are used to it and we won't get a cool front until January.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay cool!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I hope our power stays on...the windows here won't open. Glad you are getting on well with all the changes.

August 05, 2006 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com