Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Roofers

Tabblo: The Roofers

Yesterday my daughter and her boyfriend came over and started the 'putting a new roof on the shed project'. My daughter, always looking for ways to make extra money suggested she and her boyfriend do the job instead of us hiring some construction worker that would do a half ass job. We are very much down on construction workers/contractors since we had our home remodeled/renovated five years agos. We had so many problems I could blog a week about them and still not scatch the surface. Anyway, we had no problem hiring my daugther and her boyfriend to do the job. They worked very hard in the 90 degree heat yesterday and were determine to get the job done by sundown but they didn't quite make it. They will be back today to put on the shingles. As you can see from the one photo, our next project will be to clean all the junk/trash out of the shed. It's hard to believe there is so much useless junk in the shed. Before my son moved away there was no room to move around since he had his Vespa, bicycle, fishing stuff, tools, etc, 'in storage' but now with so much floor room we ought to be able to get the useless junk out of there. I don't think we will need the Kerry Edwards yard sign ever again. Well, 'cleaning out the shed project' will have to wait until the weather is cooler. That might happen one weekend in late January or Februrary and then there will be the return of hot weather. Did you know that I really hate living in the hot sticky south? I think I would like to move to Ithaca, New York.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I hope someday you get to live somewhere where the weather suits you better. Looks like they did a fine job.

September 12, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks Jed. They did do a fine job. I will have to take a photo of the finished product. Plus we have had rainy weather all day today and I bet the shed floor is as dry as the desert. Thanks for the visit.

September 12, 2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger iBeth said...

I still have not been able to bring myself to get rid of the Kerry/Edwards yard sign . . . so sad that we've been stuck w/you-know-who since 2004! I still see lots of Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers, so I know I'm not alone.

September 17, 2006 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com