Monday, August 21, 2006

Evenin' Cook-off

I got inspired to cook fried chicken and all the fixin's from an article in a Wine Spectator magazine. One of my perks at work is that my boss brings in her freshly read currently published magazines and I usually zap up the cooking related ones; so therefore, I don't subscribe to this magazine. It's really over the top, specifically for the very rich, with ads for corporate jets and $500 bottles of wine. Anyway I saw a recipe for southern fried chicken (is there any other kind) and was inspired to cook it last night. I probably have only cooked fried chicken once or twice. It is one of the foods I grew up on and my mother could make it better than anyone else on the planet but I never learned to make it. Whatmotivated me the most was the article suggested serving a white sparkling wine and I thought sure fried chicken and a nice chilled brut. I had purchased a French Brut, Blanc de Blancs Grandial Sparkling Wine from the local wine discount store last week for $5.99 and that is what I served with the fried chicken and all the fixin's. The fixin's consisted of homemade buttermilk biscuits, green beans with ham, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy (you know the kind with the chicken grease, flour and milk). I cooked enough for way more than two people so it looks like Mr. Red Molly and I will be eating some tasty leftovers this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Good lord, it's only 5 AM and I'm drooling!

August 24, 2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com