Food for Thought
Now that I am cooking for two I find I am making much simpler meals (although I still have a habit of making enough for 4). Here are a couple of dishes I have made lately. One is shrimp and grits which my son taught me how to make kick ass grits and the other is an Asian dinner I cooked several nights ago. It's a boneless turkey breast I marinated in soy sauce, mirin, garlic, etc. served with an Asian eggplant salad and sticky rice; and fresh corn off the cob but I can't remember how that was prepared. I have cooked more dishes but this is all that was photographed. I have to thank Mr. Red Molly for being the official food photographer.
I was discussing with Mr. Red Molly tonight that I thought it would be cool to get some chickens and goats. We could have fresh eggs, fresh goat milk and goat cheese. He reminded me we live in the suburbs and most likely there are zoning codes that would prevent barnyard escapades; not to mention what the neighbors would think when the chickens would jump the fence and have their asses out on the front lawn or in the middle of the street. I just thought we could clean out the shed and make a nice chicken coop and the goats could sort of keep the grass trimmed now that my son is not here to cut the grass. It was just a thought.Speaking of my son, I can say that he has landed a nice job in the big city. He is working at a somewhat famous restaurant owned my a somewhat well-known chef from the food network.


3 Comments:
Want to make dinner for 3 sometime this week?
In my area of town I bet there are some people who have chickens.
I would love to make dinner for 3. On your way over do a drive by and pick up a chicken.
Food for thought...heck no...get that into my mouth and out of my mind!
No really I'm glad to hear things are going well on both ends of the eastern seaboard. I wish the best for Eric the Red, Mr. Red and you always.
Post a Comment
<< Home