Popovers
I'm writing about popovers again...I made them yesterday morning and finally got a picture of my results. Here is the recipe I used:1 cup all purpose unbleached floor
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
INSTRUCTIONS: Adjust the oven rack to the lower third of the oven; preheat the oven to 425°. Grease each popover cup generously with softened butter or solid vegetable shortening.Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl and beat until very smooth.
Pour the batter into the greased cups, filling them half to two-thirds full. Bake until the popovers are puffed and golden brown, 30-35minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking or the popovers will collapse.
Yields 6
Works best if using a popover pan like this one.


2 Comments:
Man-o-man do those look yummy!
jed tuck the wurds rite outta my mouth, witch i wish i could putt wum of them popovers rite in it!
Post a Comment
<< Home