Monday, March 05, 2007

Wine Stains/Dirty Shoe Prints Be Gone


Since we moved to this house 20 years ago I've always wanted a set of Adirondack chairs and I finally got them last week. They were delivered on Friday and Mr. Red Molly put them together on Saturday. Now I can enjoy them until maybe the beginning of June and then it will be too hot until late October. Also in home improvements, Mr. Red Molly and I (mostly Mr. Red Molly) painted my son's old bedroom yesterday. We covered up a really large wine spill stain in the middle of one of the walls and along the bottom of two walls in the corner was my son's dirty shoe prints that where left my him when he sat at his computer and propped his feet on the wall. In a way it was a little sad covering up my son's dirty shoe prints and wine stains but life goes on. (Photo above is the room after it was painted.) We are going to make the room into a small den/office. We still need a room somewhere that can be a library but for now we still have books everywhere.

Speaking of my son, I thought I would give an update on his status away from home. He is still in school at Hunter College and working as a food expediter in the meat packing district in Manhattan at a very nice restaurant. He and his girlfriend broke up and he and his roommate Neal are looking to move from Jersey City to Brooklyn soon. He seems to be doing very well and likes living up north.

On a different note, is there anyone who is still using old blogger? I was forced to sign in today under new blogger and had a hell of a time getting to my blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger red molly said...

Thank you sir for your vistit. Too bad you gave up teaching...you might could be teaching my yungun.

March 07, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I am using "new" myself, I changed as soon as I saw the beta offer. It went fairly smooth because I had a Google Mail account for a long time prior...I guess. Google Mail rocks hands down over any other free webmail services. Seems like New Blogger is more predictable, down less often and has some nice tools that work well.

I really like the new chairs!

Glad the Son is making it in the world!

I hope everything in your life is going well and the Florida Summer is the coolest on record this year for you.

March 07, 2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks Jed for the visit and wishing me decent summer weather...an average high of 72 degress would be perfect.

March 09, 2007 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com