Monday, August 13, 2007

Ice Cream - It's Not Just For Dessert Anymore




Dinner Prep Instructions:

Open freezer
remove ice cream container
open drawer remove ice cream scoop and 2 spoons
open cabinet remove 2 bowls
scoop generous servings of ice cream into bowls
serves 2

Ice cream is what Mr. Red Molly and I had for dinner last night and I can say that I almost never serve dessert as an entrée. I have on occasion served popcorn and Guinness but I think that might have a more nutritional value than the ice cream especially the Guinness. Anyway it was very good and no clean up. I might have to add it to a regular rotation for dinner during these hot summer months when it is hot as __________. You can fill in the blank.

Mr. Red Molly and I had a late lunch yesterday at a nearby restaurant that has draft beer on happy hour. We each had an oversized sandwich as well as the obligatory 2 for 1 draft beers. Mr. Red Molly had two German beers that I can't recall the name I had a Grolsch and a Bass Ale. It was a nice little lunch outing and we were so full that is why we opted to skip dinner...sort of.

I plan on getting us back on track for a well balanced dinner tonight. I am going to make salmon and shrimp kabobs, couscous, and salad. Right now I am off to the dentist to get a crown. Yippie!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger buddydon said...

sounds downrite yummy. me n miz bd used to do that ever once in a while, splittin one of them lil ben n jerrys thangs. tiz hard to beat in the heat.

August 13, 2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger annie said...

A Miami buttcrack.

August 13, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I had chocolate ice cream for dinner Sunday night! It really has been too hot for cooking. I can't remember what Scott ate. Probably something out of the freezer that he nuked.

Hope your dentist visit wasn't too painful!

August 13, 2007 8:04 PM  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Red, I could eat ice cream for every meal! Good for you guys! Sometimes you have to whoop it up!

August 14, 2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com