Saturday, November 24, 2007

'tis the Season

Getting a jump start on the holiday season I made a batch of eggnog this morning. This is a tradition in our house. It started about 20 years ago when I got a great recipe for eggnog from Mr. Red Molly's sister. Since then I have modified the recipe just a bit to reduce the amount of sugar. We prefer the eggnog not as sweet as the original recipe. After I made the eggnog I decided to store it in the milk bottle I brought back from France. Actually we sort of carried the milk bottle wrapped in bubble wrap all over France thanks to our friend Neal for taking care of the crazy bag.

Here is the recipe and photo of the finished product. The brandy next to the eggnog is what I used in the recipe. It is very inexpensive and works great.

EGGNOG
1 quart of half and half (use organic)
6 egg yolks (remove the membrane)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 cup of brandy

Place half and half, egg yolks, powdered sugar and vanilla bean in top of double boiler pan bring water in bottom to just a boil and cook stirring until mixture is thickened to coat the back of a spoon. Strain into bowl and let cool. Pour in brandy and transfer to your favorite bottle. Refrigerate and don't touch for 3 to 4 weeks and you will have delicious eggnog just in time for Christmas.

Also to get everyone in the Christmas spirit here is one of my favorite Christmas video's.





More France photo's coming soon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

From France to a Keene Christmas, Red's got quite the eclectic Holiday going on over here!

November 25, 2007 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com