Road Trip and Wild Wild Week
Beginning a week ago Thursday my daughter and I took a road trip to Kentucky for my aunt' surprise 80th birthday party. We stopped in Atlanta both up and down. I haven't taken a road trip that long in a while and as bad as I hate to fly have decided that is the way to go. We returned home on Monday to my son being home.
He lost his job a couple of weeks ago and is now on unemployment which he calls the government cheese. We decided to fly him home for a week and take care of him. He does have a job lined up starting June 1 back in Montana where he worked last year at the restaurant. He will stay there until mid August and return back to NJ/NY to finish school.
He arrived on Sunday and had a nice time hanging out with his dad and grandmother. When I got home and Monday the party started. That evening my son made us fancy tacos with a fancy taco name that I can't remember. On Tuesday, he and I cooked gourmet pizzas on the stoptop grill. We invited my daughter and her boyfriend and a friend of mine from work. (A hot 30 year old woman, unmarried and unattached ...no we were not trying to match-make).
On Wednesday Mr. RM, my son and I drove up the coast to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach and had a disgusting lunch at an oceanside dive. On Thursday evening we all, along with a friend that Mr. RM works with and her daughter (a hot 25 year old women, unmarried and unattached [I think]...no we are not trying to match-make), went out to a new local brewery and later moved the party to our house and about that time a friend of my son's dropped in. My son cooked burgers and potato salad for all. We laid low on Friday during the day and that evening me, my son, my daughter and her boyfriend went to a restaurant in my daughter's neighborhood for happy hour. A while later, Mr. RM met us back in our neighborhood for Thai food. Mr. RM was pulling an all-nighter at work doing some kind of BS payroll software implementation. They let him out of the asylum long enough to have dinner. After dinner the young folks went to local young folks' hangout places and I went home to bed. On Saturday morning I drove my son to the airport. Whew!!!!
While my son was here and during our drinking moments we were reciting lines from the Big Lebowski.
This is for Tad. STAY OUT OF MALIBU!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home