Fast Food Jacques Way
I have wanted to get back into the cooking mode since we have been eating out too much lately. So I delved into a relatively new cookbook by Jacques Pepin called "Fast Food My Way’. I read the introduction on Sunday morning before my weekly grocery shopping and thought okay this sounds pretty simple I will just cook out of this cookbook all week. (We also wanted to avoid eating out this week because of all the football idiots in our city). So I came up with a menu plan for the whole week out of the cookbook with one exception being a pasta dish that I cooked last night. So on Sunday I spent 2 1/2 hours cooking the first set of fast food recipes. I cooked Toasted Bread with Mozzarella Cheese, Romaine with Salsa Dressing and Crab Cakes with Red Sauce. Yesterday I spent 3 hours (I don't work on Monday's) cooking dinner. I cooked Shrimp & Scallop Pillows on Boston Lettuce and Pasta with Carrots & Artichokes Pistachio nuts and Feta cheese (not from Jacques' Book). So today it was Supreme of Chicken Breast with Balsamic Vinegar and Shallot Sauce, Cubed Potatoes with Garlic and Sage and a mixed green salad with creamy dressing. That actually only took about 1 hour to prepare but I had my husband sous cheffing so that equated to two hours of labor. I'm not so sure about this cookbook being fast; yes, we have been eating wonderful meals this week but they have all been labor intensive. Tomorrow I think it's going to be eggs and toast
r.m.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home