Binding Recipes/Binding Love
For the past several months I have been working on a recipe collection project. Since my daughter will soon move into her own home I wanted her to have copies of some of our family's favorite recipes. Many of the recipes I selected showed a definite hint of use and I wanted these worn out used pages to be illustrated in the book. I didn't want to just copy the recipes and put them in a binder; I wanted to make a real cookbook. I decided I would scan the chosen recipes. Some were from cookbooks and magazine clippings, others were just pieces of paper with a recipe jotted down. One recipe I included was marinated shrimp that I had written on the back of a deposit slip at a party many years ago. The cookbook has about 50 recipes and a Table of Contents giving credit to the original cookbook authors; such as Julia Child, James Beard, Molly Katzen and Deborah Madison to name a few. Plus several recipes from non famous cooks such as myself, family and friends. I printed it as a booklet on two-sided photo paper and then took it to the office supply store and they added the clear hard plastic cover and binding. The image to the left is what the cover looks like. In the photo is my daughter cooking when she was about 3 or 4.Here are some examples of recipes I've put in the book:
This is the truffle recipe I've been making for Christmas gifts for about 20 years.
Here's one of my husband's favorite desserts that his mother and sister used to make for him and I've made it occasionally for his birthday. r.m.


2 Comments:
What a lovely and great idea, RM!! I love it and am already thinking of like projects.
I love the photo you used of your daughter on the cover. What a great house-warming gift for her.
What a cool project. Seems like the kind of thing that will be passed on from generation to generation.
Post a Comment
<< Home