Thursday, July 14, 2005

Humdrums

I thought I would do a little weekly catch up today. I have been in another one of those blogger's block modes this week. I've been reading a good bit of blogs but have not been inspired to write. Maybe I'm still feeling somewhat intimated about blogging.

It's been a typical week here in the south weather-wise, hot, humid, afternoon/evening thunderstorms. We were lucky and not affected by Hurricane Dennis. Work is work so I won't even write about that. On Monday my daughter and I went to the bungalow she is hopeful of buying to be present for the inspections. With everything going pretty well she may be closing by the end of the month. It's going to be really strange not having her live with us. She always lived at home except for the time she was away at college. She will be 25 in August and her goal is to be in her new place by then. I think she might make it.

My son called home about 3:00 a.m. yesterday morning from Pamplona to let us know that he and his friends did run with the bulls and they were okay. Of course when the phone rings at 3:00 in the morning I'm immediately thinking WTF. So I was happy that it was good news. Also, yesterday my husband went to the bank to get the rent money my sons owes us (yes, we charge our kids rent...how else would we get them to move out) and my husband noticed that my son's paycheck had bounced. Apparently, there was some kind of mix up with the bank. My husband decided to move money from our account to cover the paycheck since he was sure our son would be spending money like he had it. Nice dad. In the meantime my son calls me and tells me that his friend Jack's ATM card doesn't work so Jack's parents were going to bring money to me to put in my son's account and the boys could use my son's ATM to get money. Another set of nice parents. What would our kids do without us?

Yesterday my husband had to travel to Atlanta on business to do some kind of disaster recovery testing for the company he is employed with. My daughter and I went out to dinner last night and got caught up in a hellacious storm. Albeit bad weather we still had a good time doing a little mother/daughter bonding.

On another travel note, my husband has an Oracle class he is scheduled to take next month in Teaneck, NJ. Since I have been hounding him about wanting to go to NYC forever we are going to add a few days to the trip and make a mini vacation out of it. We are just in the preliminary planning stage at this time but it does look like we are going to get to spend time in NYC plus visit Rob and Sandi our friends living near Saratoga Springs. I really need to get out on the streets and practice my walking so I will be ready for NYC.

Another exciting event going on this week is my husband is going to build me a new computer. Over the last couple of weeks he has been reading Building the Perfect PC and has ordered all the parts which should arrive by tomorrow so he can build it on the weekend. I'll post more about that later.

Thanks for stopping by and reading the humdrums of my life. It's very much appreciated.

r.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the storm did not get you and your son ran with the bulls to safety. You sound like you are doing a good job of counting your blessings.

I hope you and yours have a good weekend.

July 15, 2005 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com