Friday, July 08, 2005

Dishwasher Update

After numerous conversations with Asko I have finally settled my claim and my new dishwasher arrived yesterday. I received Asko's new top of the line fully integrated (whatever that means) dishwasher. It's a $1600 dishwasher (who the hell would pay that much for a dishwasher) I got for $250. That was the best deal I could get and we have to handle the installation. It was kind of funny yesterday when the delivery guy delivered the dishwasher. He brought it up from the street on a dolly and then just set it outside on the carport and I asked if he could bring it inside and he replied that he wasn't allowed to bring anything inside when a lady was home alone. I looked at him and said that I would not harm him. He laughed and said he would sit the dishwasher in my foyer. So last night I decided that my husband, my daughter and I could do the installation. Actually that would be my husband and daughter doing the work and I would be supervising. They were somewhat hesitant about doing the installation and I was saying to them between the three of us we should be able to do it; my husband a fancy schmancy computer programmer, my daughter a civil engineer and me a regular gal with a boatload of common sense. So I thought no problem. Well first of all just taking out the old dishwasher was a pain in the ass and then the new dishwasher actually has a real electrical plug that goes into the wall and the old dishwasher was just wired. So we discovered that I will need to call an electrician to install a wall receptacle or whatever it’s called and then I think the programmer and engineer can get this dishwasher installed while the supervisor supervises.

Final update: I called this morning and finally found an electrician that wasn't backed up with work for 2 weeks and could actually come out at 8:30. Two very pleasant guys came out and installed the electric receptacle and when they finished they asked me who was going to install the dishwasher and I told them my husband and daughter was and one of the guys said they could install it for me and I said sure go ahead and also told him that my husband would probably take me out to dinner when we finds out he doesn't have to do it. So in an hour and half the electricians had installed the electric box and the dishwasher, I paid them 190 bucks and I was happy. ..end of story.


r.m.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Congrats on your new dishwasher - on on a installation well handled.

That's great!!

Have a wonderful weekend...

July 08, 2005 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!! I love a great deal :))

July 09, 2005 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...I guess the new one is Kosher. I just don't understand, if you were Jewish and you were doing anything with your dishes on the Sabbath would that not be a violation anyway? I am glad you have a new dish slave. Good luck.

July 10, 2005 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com