Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Kosher Dishwasher?

First the disclaimer. This post is not intended to offend anyone regarding their religion.

I was having another conversation with the Akso Service Specialist(ASS) today trying to get closure with my dishwasher problems. Actually, I have had several conversations with the ASS and at this juncture I believe the ASS wants to sell me a new $1300 model for $352 which I guess could be a sweet deal if you like Asko products. So I'm still telling the ASS that I have already invested $1100 on the burned up dishwasher and I still think they should replace it with a new one free of charge. The ASS says that Asko will not do that and I asked why not and he said something like my dishwasher has past the three year mark. WTF? I tried to explain to him my overall dissatisfaction with Asko and told him again about the total repair bills on all three appliances that I have incurred throughout the four years. He said if I faxed him all my repair records which by the way adds up to over $800 on all three of the appliances he will take that into consideration and would have “more leverage” to negotiate a better deal for me. We will see. I started asking the ASS what model I would be getting and blah, blah, blah. Then I was asking him about the features and I wanted to know if the new dishwasher would have a light inside. It's a great feature if you have never had one. He said no that Asko discontinued making dishwashers with lights. He said it was for an odd reason. Then he said that the older model dishwashers were not Kosher and I said, WHAT! So he commenced to explain to me that if a Jewish person owned an ASKO and on the Sabbath they needed to open it to place something inside then the light would automatically come on and then they would be breaking Sabbath rules. I said couldn't the owner take out the bulb or Asko make a special on/off switch for the light. He said he didn't understand why Asko did not come up with a good alternative. I thought well maybe they could make one model that was kosher. And I asked him what about Jewish people owning refrigerators just about all refrigerators have lights. He said he didn't know about refrigerators. So I guess the new dishwasher will be kosher. I know I said I was not going to give Asko another dime but this may be too good of a deal to pass up. I will say one thing about the dishwasher outside of numerous repair bills and catching on fire it certainly cleaned well and was extremely quiet.


r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com