Wednesday, June 29, 2005

'tis the Season to be Raining/Prelude to Hurricane Weather

We have had mega amounts of rainfall this week which is somewhat okay with me since that is my kind of of weather. But at this point when it has rained everyday for about a week and the tree limbs start to snap then a person starts thinking about hurricane season...oh what fun. So I'm thinking even I, lover of doom and gloom, rain and more rain, will be ready for a wee bit of sunshine.


NIGHT RAIN




SNAPPED TREE LIMB IN MY BACKYARD


Here's the latest flood statement:

FLOOD STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL
816 PM EDT WED JUN 29 2005

...AN URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR
NORTHERN ST. JOHNS AND DUVAL COUNTIES VALID UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT...

AREAS OF HEAVY RAIN CONTINUE OVER THE MANDARIN...FRUIT COVE AND
BAYARD AREAS. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL OF 1 TO 2 INCHES IS POSSIBLE BY
MIDNIGHT.

FLOODING OF ROADS...STREETS...HIGHWAYS...AND SMALL STREAMS IS
LIKELY. USE CAUTION IF DRIVING AS IT WILL BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE
FLOODED ROADWAYS IN THE DARK.

That's the weather report. I've got to go and watch Sweet Honey in the Rock on PBS.
---------------------------

One final word, about the speech last night, I could not stomach watching that man stand up in front of the American people and tell more lies. I did read the speech 39 minutes after it was given. Same BushSHIT different spin.

r.m.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red, I wish you could e-mail some of the rain up here we could use the wind and rain to wash out this stale valley air!

July 01, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Tennessee Jed, We sure have had enough rainfall to spread around. About 15 inches the month of June and I think most of that has been within the last week. Hope you get a few sprinkles to refresh your neck of the woods. Thanks for stopping by.

July 01, 2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Yes, we have had a lot of rain. I'm in Orlando and it's been pounding us too. Plus, we get a thunderstorm almost everyday now. That summer weather pattern is here.

Here's to some sunshine this weekend! (Please...) ;)

July 01, 2005 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com